Saturday, September 05, 2009

Expecting Many Hats

I bought this ivory and pink yarn long ago, anticipating a baby sweater, but I don't think I had a specific pattern in mind, which is unusual for me, and probably a contributing factor to me never knitting it. I am no longer interested and, anyway, this 100% wool yarn is not washable. What parent wants that?



I have decided to do a few cool worsted-weight hat and beret patterns from ravelry.com. This is the first one, Herminone's Cable and Eyelet Hat. It looks just like the one Emma Watson wore in HP and the Half-blood Prince. I altered it a bit while I knit it, for example, I made the brim shorter (ten rows instead of sixteen).



And Dodger!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Oooh, that's lovely.

Your progress on your shawl has jumped dramatically!

Candyce said...

Love that hat!

Katie said...

Nice hat!

Sarah W. said...

Thanks, Katie!