Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What now?


I've been working along my bulky poncho, making pretty good progress, although a week ago I read the cable pattern backwards and had to spend what felt like two hours tinking back the stitches.


But now something truly bad has happened--my beloved Denise needle broke! Now that the poncho is longer, it is very heavy, and my hands get quite a work out when knitting it; I'm sure there was a lot of pressure on the needles. Maybe the cord was twisting and I didn't realize it? It just popped as I was knitting.

I am a devotee of Denise interchangeable needles and use them almost exclusively for everything I knit. Luckily, I can order a new cord. I guess that's all there is to do? Order a new cord and transfer the knitting to it? It's a very long length and I had to connect two cords together to make it; I don't have another laying around!

What I'll probably do very soon is start a new project.


2 comments:

Laurie said...

What a bummer!

If it was me, I would start a new project and take a break from the poncho. Of course, my breaks usually turn into 6 month-long hiatuses, which isn't very good.

Good luck!

Sarah W. said...

Thanks! I started my Retro Redux Shrug from Lace Style. I love that brioche pattern!