Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Knitting and sewing

Here are my latest dishcloths, a Mason-Dixon Ninepatch and the mid-March Monthly Dischcloth KAL:




I started sewing my ripstop dress Tuesday night. It was going well, but well . . . I goofed a little on some gathering. It's actually more noticable in person than in this next picture. I'll have to rip out the stitching and sew more carefully.



The front has a sort of diamond-shaped inset, sort of like an upside down keystone (it's upside down and inside out in the photo). It's proving tricker than I expected. My blue rayon cloth is more delicate than I'm used to sewing, but I'm sure I'll get it decent looking.

2 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Very nice! I'm going to have to work on a 9 patch. Eventually...

Sarah W. said...

Next I want to make a dishcloth that is nine miters in assorted colors. I think that would be cool.