Monday, September 04, 2006

Sock monkey was once young too


This weekend my sister Anna and I looked at disorganized family photos. We saw one of a ceiling in 1978; I'm not kidding. Some serious editing of the photo collection is urgently needed.

I noticed my o-riginal sock monkey, looking rather well stuffed, and with his felt eyes intact, in the corner of this photo of my great-grandmother and me. I'm just a few weeks away from turning one year old in the photo (December 1979). Sock monkey is very old!

3 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Aww, what a sweet picture and treasure. I don't know why it's never dawned one me before that you are my brother's age. He was born in october 79. I guess it's because he alternates between 12 and 17 years old in my mind. And you seem your age.

Laurie said...

What a cutie you were (and are!), I've never seen any of photos of you when you were younger. That's so cool that you have proof of your monkey's age, what a great picture!

Sarah W. said...

Thanks! I think I look just the same now in the face. Is it just me??