Monday, September 04, 2006

Lotus lace


Here's the Lotus Blossom Tank so far, about seven inches long. I surprisingly got a lot of knitting done at my parents' house this weekend. I usually take my knitting and get nothing done because I'm distracted by the people, dogs, and cat.

The first two lace repeats were with the extra ball of yarn I picked up to make the tank longer. It is the same brand and make, but a different dye lot, and in fact, has a totally different feel, not so silky soft, more crunchy. I think the color is very close, and I don't regret forgoing the two-hour drive to get matching yarn from the place I got the first batch of yarn.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That's going to be lovely. Is the color a chocolatey brown or closer to a rusty, burnt orange?

Sarah W. said...

It's more of a dark crimson, it's just not a great camera. :)