Friday, August 04, 2006

Upgrading my technology

Wheeeeeeeee! I've organized all my fabric, yarn, patterns, and rolled away the craft table. I cleared off my computer desk too, all in anticipation of the new computer my dad is bringing me tomorrow! Yay, what a pleasant surprise!

I also bought a new camera phone. It has all sorts of exotic features my circa 2002 cell phone did not have: it flips open, has a color screen, and voicemail. And of course, it takes pictures. I took some cute ones of Dodger and hopefully I'll soon figure out how to email them from the phone and put them up on my blog.

Dad's also buying me an iPod, which I've always wanted, but it's just not been in the budget, and my computer was so old (nine years; 64MB hard drive) that buying one seemed pointless. So I really appreciate dad's generosity, and on top of all that, it was his idea. I hate to ask my parents for stuff, and although I feel a tinge of guilt about accepting nice gifts like these (I just feel I should be able to afford them myself, but truthfully I can't unless I buy on credit), I overcome my guilt. Life's so hard, boo hoo.

Knitting update: I only have two or three inches left on the sleeves, but I haven't knit for days; just been too busy doing errands every evening. I may be too busy playing with the electronics to finish it anytime real soon, but I'm still enthusiastic abut it, so I'm not worried that it will languish like the Mandarin dress. Poor Mandarin dress.

2 comments:

Candyce said...

Pictures!

Laurie said...

Yay, how exciting! Accept the kindly presents & have fun with your new toys!