Sunday, August 27, 2006

My First Sweater--DONE!



Knitting by Sarah H.
Pattern by Leslie Scanlon (Essential Indulgence, Interweave Knits, Fall 2005)
Yarn by Blue Sky Alpacas (Alpaca & Silk)
Illusion of breasts by Victoria's Secret

Hoorah! I'm all done! As I look at My First Sweater, I can't help but think about all the things that aren't quite right about it. But I'm not going to dwell on them here. Knitting and sewing are learning experiences and screwing up here and there is just part of the deal!

Now I can start the Lotus Blossom Tank! But first I will make Molly's Headband with my leftover sweater yarn. I bought an extra skein and I think that may be a good idea for every project.

This week I bought another ball for the Lotus tank because I measured the length of the tank from the base of my neck and it lands exactly on my natural waist, which is fine for a dress, but too short for a top. So I'll do an extra lace row to make it longer, and really to make it wearable because I would be uncomfortable if I felt my midriff was showing all over the place.

8 comments:

Candyce said...

It looks cute! Do you love it? You'd look good with short hair.

Jennifer Coomer said...

good jorb!!!

Katie said...

Oh, yay! Congratulations. It looks great.

Laurie said...

It looks really good!

Congratulations, wear it lots this Fall and feel proud!

Michael Hickerson said...

The sweater looks great.

Reading your post, you talked about the small things you can see as incorrect..but I don't see them. Which I think is cool and there might be a life lesson in there..

Ok, being too profound on a Monday...I gotta go now.

Sarah W. said...

Thanks, y'all!!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks fabulous! And, I'll bet the flaws are only visible to you.

BTW, "illusion of breasts" sounds like a band name. And, is just damn funny!

Sarah W. said...

I said "illusion of breasts" to be funny, but then again, it's no joke. : )