Saturday, August 19, 2006

Gift for me


Abby and Chad sent me a mysterious package. I couldn't figure out what in the world they would send me. Then, I opened the package and underneath tons of bubble wrap I saw a long skinny paper bag that said "Trader Joe's," which is a grocery store chain they have in Chicago. "TWO BUCK CHUCK!!! TWO BUCK CHUCK!!" I yelled with glee. Dodger started getting excited by the yelling.

Trader Joe's is the only store that sells the celebrated Charles Shaw wine. Not only do people love the taste but also they love the price, and that's where the nickname "two buck Chuck" came from. (Abby says it's more like three buck Chuck, but I think anyone would agree that is still a low price.) I had mentioned this wine in passing when she said they'd shopped at Trader Joe's. Wasn't that thoughtful of them??

Abby also sent me a postcard from a store in Chicago,
Hazel. Apparently a local artist knits monkeys inspired by sock monkeys and sells them there; aren't they cute??

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Yay for you! We've heard of the fabled Chuck too, but have yet to find any around here either.