Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekend hangover


My head hurts real bad. Advil ahoy! I had a fabulous weekend. Everything I touched was gold. Here's the rundown:

1) Friday: Went fabric shopping and ran around town with mom; she also spent the night and made Dodger very happy to have company. Bought flannel--on sale--for my Wee Wonderfuls dolls.

2) Friday: Had annual retina exam and passed with flying colors--I thought I would, but it is a relief anyway.

3) Friday: Went to a music show where I knew I would see someone I went on a date with and who never called me again. Dressed attractively and did not initiate contact with said man. He came up to me and the first words out of his mouth were, "Hi, Sarah! I'm sorry I never called you back." (Now, if he were really sorry he would actually call me, but let's look on the bright, satisfying side of things: the prospect of his regret.) Also had a great time talking to my friend Colette at the show.

4) Saturday: Ate lunch with SPQ ladies, a large, happy, spunky group. Was treated for lunch. Shocking!

5) Saturday: Susan called and invited me to eat Greek. Yum, yum!

6) Saturday: Talked to my bestest friend, Leslie.

7) Saturday: Finished back of My First Sweater.

8) Sunday: Visited my sister and bro-in-law in Murfreesboro, had a cool day for the dog park. Still happy about You're So Nashville If contest, and I got home early enough to chill before the workweek.

Maybe I should go to bed early and cash in my great-weekend chips while I can.

No comments: