Saturday, July 22, 2006

Day Nine

Tonight I finished the back! I got confused in the last few rows around the neck, but I sorted it out and all's well. I knit a couple of inches for the front. I'm not knitting every day because in order to carefully follow the pattern I have to set aside enough time to come to a good stopping point. I don't feel like I can pick it up and knit unconsciously without losing my place.

I photocopied the pattern, and I'm crossing through the directions after I've finished them. Often I'm given a certain number of inches to knit, rather than a set number of rows. I stop and pin the sweater to my blocking towel to measure the length, estimate how many more rows I need; knit, then measure again. Sounds a bit more tedious than it actually is. Because the sweater is stockinette stitch, I'm knitting pretty quickly!

No comments: