Thursday, July 13, 2006

Felted art

Blurring the line between art and craft, Middle Tennessean Lisa Klakulak has an exhibit of her felted art.

Update: I knit a swatch of My First Sweater yarn with size 6 needles and it looks like the right size! I'm now blocking the swatch, since Stephanie Pearl-McPhee told me I had to not only knit a swatch but also wash the swatch before I could start a project. I wanted to stick my fingers in my ears and say "nyah nyah nyah, I can't hear you!" Luckily I bought an extra hank, so there is plenty of yarn for a swatch. No worries there.

Laurie has a really "Kool," explicitly photographed blog about dyeing wool yarn with Kool-aid. Check it out and be amazed!

Hillary Lang has a new booklet of adorable fabric kitty, bunny, and bear doll patterns. What a genius! Jennifer C. and I want a human doll pattern as seen in the postcards at the bottom of the same page, but I don't think she is selling that pattern. You can also buy dolls Hillary Lang has made.

No comments: