Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Miniature quilts


While in Eureka, my mom and I saw the prettiest tiny quilts by Kate Adams. They weren't actually quilted, but they were pieced together teeny tiny. The quilts are framed for wall display. She uses historical patterns and fabric, and makes them on a 1:12 scale. That means every foot on a normal size quilt is one inch on her quilt!

I can't afford the hundreds of dollars for a real quilt by Kate Adams, but I could buy a print and have it framed for mom for a lot less.

Also in sewing news: I'm so excited that some of my friends may begin to sew soon! Candyce got a machine, and Jennifer Coomer and her mom are going to do some sewing soon. Hoorah!

4 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

That's so cool! I want one.

Sarah W. said...

Me too! They are so tiny--less than 9 inches long; I wonder how she sews the tiny pieces.

Candyce said...

The machine, sadly, is still in pieces. I think Andy lost interest.

Sarah W. said...

Oh, phooey.