Saturday, June 24, 2006

Eroica

This afternoon I pondered what to do with my Saturday night. Honestly, I do not go out every weekend, but I wanted a distraction tonight. Then I remembered--Beethoven's Eroica is tonight at the Nashville Symphony! I've known about it for a long time, but I never seem to know anyone who wants to go with me. Last year I saw Beethoven's First and Ninth spur of the moment, by myself, and it was great! I was totally into the music, and being there by yourself is not lonely like going to a dark movie theatre, feeling detached from everyone. The audience was crowded, a little dressy, and excited to be there.

Maybe in the excitement of the new symphony hall this fall, more people will be interested? The Schermerhorn Symphony Center will be state of the art and gorgeous!

No comments: