Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Next sewing project


I imagine finishing this top and wearing it to my friend's wedding reception at the end of the month. I bought some fabric at the best fabric store ever, Textile Fabrics. Incredibly, they are right down the street from me. Luckily, they were also having a 30 percent off sale! The bands and belt will be a bright magenta, kind of like hot pink, but a deeper shade. The guaze-y overlay is an irridescent, orange, pink, yellow cotton voile. The colors are warm and summery. I will make it tunic length, not dress length, and I am not sure if I will have sleeves or not. The plan right now is to wear it with a black skirt and black wedges.

3 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I was very impressed with the last dress you showed me. I may have to commission your seamstress skills.

Sarah W. said...

Thanks! I'm just learning, but I watched mom sew for years and when I have questions I call her! She's my secret weapon.

Laurie said...

It sounds really pretty!