Friday, October 02, 2009

Beret for American Cancer Society Silent Auction

The fourth and final chart of the Icarus shawl is finished! Now I only have four rows and a bind-off row and I'll be done. The rows will be more than 500 stitches each, so that is still quite a lot of knitting.



Blocking the beret on a dinner plate.



Dodger totally thought this mannequin head was an intruder! He didn't catch on that it was an inanimate object and barked and barked. I used the same slouchy pattern, Meret, as the white beret I made earlier. My mom leant me this head--she bought a hat at an auction or estate sale and the head was included.



My Cousin Susan gave me the yarn I used for the beret, Naturally Tweed by Vero (90% wool, 6% acrylic, 4% viscose). I will enter this hat in my employer's silent auction benefitting the American Cancer Society this Thursday.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That shawl is going to be a stunner.

I really like the beret, fun colors. I've thought about getting a dummy head before. It sure would be great to have one to fit your head measurements. :)

Sarah W. said...

Thank you!

This mannequin head is really NOT anatomical. You're better off finding a friend or family member with a similar head! : )

I believe the beret went for $16. It wasn't a very good year for the sale and silent auction, I think.