Thursday, July 02, 2009

Yarn on a plane

I love to knit during flights, even more than reading. I think it's easier on the eyes in a moving plane than reading and it makes you feel like you're doing something rather than just sitting there.

I made this dishcloth going to and from L.A. On the way back, a woman next to me said she was fascinated by my circular needles (Denise needles) and thought the dishcloth was too beautiful to wash dishes with! She hadn't knit since she was a child and felt inspired to take it up again. I hope she does.




The Icarus wedding shawl is coming along fine. I have made one mistake but I hate tinking lace so much that I think I'll ignore it. Interestingly, this triangular shawl starts with a few stitches but it is not knit bottom-up; the stitches start at the top center of the shawl and you knit down.

No comments: