Sunday, May 17, 2009

Baby Merino, Baby

Thsi weekend I did something I haven't done in a long time--I bought yarn. Hard to believe I've gone a long time without buying any (six months? longer?), but true. This is Malabrigo lace yarn in damask rose, 100% baby merino yarn. It's very soft. The color is very subtly varigated and I think it will make beautiful lace.



On Saturday I went to Haus of Yarn to browse the yarn and say hello to Ann Shayne of Mason-Dixon Knitting who was having a one-woman trunk show and signing her excellent books. I got to chat a little while with Ann. She and Kay are just so down-to-earth and approchable. I also got to finally meet knitting-blog friend, Erin, in person. I've been reading her blog for a couple of years now. Hoorah for new/old knitting friends!



I bought this yarn with a specific pattern in mind for a specific event--the Icarus Shawl for my wedding! (Wedding date to be determined.)



This is Sheldon's shell in progress. Ann Shayne told me she's never knit a toy! Sadly, I didn't think to bring my knitting to the store to work on with Ann and others.

3 comments:

Candyce said...

Hooray for your shawl & wedding!! You should carry Sheldon down the aisle, too.

Katie said...

Pretty yarn! I'm sure that will make a lovely weddingy shawl.

Sarah W. said...

Thanks, y'all! I have not knit a shawl before and I love the Icarus pattern. Looking forward to it.