Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birdie Sling

Today I sewed a Birdie Sling by Amy Butler! That's about all I did . . . it was worth it.

I bought the pattern and materials sometime last spring during a Textile Fabrics sale but never got around to actually sewing it. This is my first Amy Butler pattern--maybe I'll do more in the future. The directions were easy--they are almost overexplained, which is OK.

Before sewing I googled the pattern and found that there was errata and I saw what modifications other sew-ers have done, such as adding a magnetic snap, which I did. PatternReview.com is so handy. I highly recommend it.

The mega interfacing called for makes this bag very sturdy, more sturdy than bags I've sewn in the past. Maybe my sewing skills have improved; this purse seemed fairly easy to make. It was still time-consuming. But fun!

For the main section I used "garden maze" pattern fabric, also by Amy Butler. I really love her fabric patterns.




The finished product! This bag holds a lot!



Construction photos (click to enlarge):





1 comment:

Candyce said...

I loved getting to hold your purse ;)