Tuesday, January 22, 2008

California hat


I knit most of this hat on the four-hour flight to Los Angeles around Christmas. While I was there, a Californian asked me if we needed winter hats in Tennessee. Yes, it gets cold.

I knit an all-ribbed hat in this yarn for a Christmas present for my sister Anna, and learned the lesson that one ball of yarn is not always enough for a hat. There was a four-inch gap at the top of the unfinished hat. I had to go to multiple Joann's to track down the yarn again. I think it was a seasonal yarn, Reminiscence by Debbie Mumm in the color Carnival. It has dull colors in the wool (50%) and bright, shiny colors in acrylic (50%).

I have a knack for knitting hats a little big, and I did it again. Whoops.

1 comment:

~ Cee ~ said...

I love that hat. You really should sell some of your stuff!!