Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mel's Mouse


Getting right back into crafting in the new place! This pattern is from Knit 2 Together by Tracey Ullman and Mel Clark.

I didn't like everything about the pattern, so I made some adjustments. The skinny arms and tail are supposed to be knit flat and sewn together, but I knit them in the round.

The face and butt use short-row shaping, which I haven't used much, so it was good practice for me. He's cute! Next I want to knit some pants, jacket, and scarf for him (patterns are in the book too).

This project continues my mission to knit with yarn I have on hand.

2 comments:

smelk-o-matic said...

That is really cute.

I've tried making toys before and somehow, they always just look...lame? Yes, lame.

Sarah W. said...

That knitty pattern, Kate, is a good toy pattern. I looooove making toys!