Monday, June 11, 2007

Found objects

When I'm not blitzing craigslist, looking for a housing situation for me and Dodger, I'm still getting rid of stuff I no longer want. Today I found some old, old craft and art relics from my distant past. Exhibit A, an embroidered Eden. I think I drew this on graph paper, then primitively embroidered it on cross-stitch fabric. Never filled in the sky. The animals are a lion and a lamb.



Exhibit B, a drawing of a Van Gogh self-portrait from a sketchbook dated 1993--that means I was fourteen! I don't think I can draw this well anymore. I had a lot of practice back then.


4 comments:

Laurie said...

The Eden is adorable and the Van Gogh is amazing! I used to envy your mad drawing skillz like crazy, I still have some incredible work in my yearbooks!

Sarah W. said...

Thanks!

I drew in your yearbooks?!

Laurie said...

Oh yeah!

I have a gorgeous ballerina in one and in the drug themed one you turned the principal into a hippy on a 60's-like handbill. You don't remember? :)

Sarah W. said...

I don't remember and I can't use a drug-addled brain as an excuse 'cause I've never done drugs. Com-pletely square.