Thursday, April 19, 2007

Craft forecast

I mailed the fruit and veggie napkins to my g-ma (grandmother) today. I'm trying to reign in the craft spending, and I have so many projects laying around, I can entertain myself for weeks if not months to come. Here's some highlights:

Marshmallow creatures--I have not one, not two, but three marshmallow creatures to hot glue together. I completely missed the deadline for the Easter bunny and Easter chick (too busy anticipating my trip to Chicago). The third one is a ballerina marshmallow person. A coworker assigns these to a small group of us at work periodically. We bring them in and she takes pictures and we giggle incessantly. Very fun; I recommend it. It all began with the marshmallow nativity scene, if you remember that.

Lotus Blossom Tank--I am working up to figuring out the straps to this top. I can feel that I'll take up the needles in the near future and finish it! It's definitely my next big knitting thing.

Embroidery--I've got two pillowcases (lilac colored) to stitch sublimely.

Absorba--With coupons, I've been slowly gathering giant spools of dishcloth yarn in order to make the Mason-Dixon bath mat. Only one more to go! I don't have a bath mat, so it would be especially useful for me.

Ripstop dress--Oh Lord, the poor Ripstop Dress has been sadly abandoned on my craft table. I regard its presence every day, but lately haven't carved out a chunk of time to overcome the hard part of the pattern, the keystone front placard. I'm sure the rest of the pattern is easy-peasy.

Puffy-sleeve jacket--I have the fabric, but I won't start it until I finish the Ripstop Dress. So it's totally in limbo.

Sock-monkey purse--This is a fabric purse made with cotton fabric printed with extremely cute sock monkeys. I have all the materials and I've had them for a loooooong time.



Sadly, I have even more materials laying around. My current knitting project is a dishcloth KAL and I've been a stitch short the past few rows. It's a lace pattern, and oddly, I swear it looks totally fine. Maybe I ought to rip it out and start again, though.

Craft purchases I would like to make are Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's new book and Wee Wonderfuls's large-footed bunny pattern and spaceboy and robot patterns. I can finish small sewing projects like toys!

2 comments:

~ Cee ~ said...

You MUST make the dress!!

Laurie said...

Oooh, I want to make Absorba someday & I don't even need one!

I was thinking about your Lotus top the other day, I can't wait to see how it comes out.