Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Out-of-towners



This is an eventful week for seeing out-of-town people. My sister Abby is visiting from Chicago in a sort of spur-of-the-moment break from frigid weather. She's in the middle, and my youngest sister, Anna, is on the left. I'm on the right, in case you were wondering!


Even though I've known about the booksigning for months, I've lost all track of time in the past couple of weeks and forgot that Jill Conner Browne's signing was, like, today. Totally snuck up on me. Luckily I remembered this morning, and ate dinner with the local Nashville fans of all things Sweet Potato Queens (we get together for lunch every once in a while).

There were many, many drawings for prizes at the signing--rhinestone sunglasses, tiaras, T-shirts--but I'm sad to say I didn't win anything. The Cutest Boy in the World, AKA Kyle, AKA Jill's hubbo, took this very picture. Their three-legged doggie visited for a few minutes and was so sweet. Also, one of the ladies in Nashville brought her 15-month-old daughter, Claudia Jill, to meet Jill for the first time. They even have the same birthday!

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

No comments: