Saturday, February 03, 2007

Have yarn, will knit


There was a time in my knitting life when I would have happily knit anyone a scarf. And I asked everyone if they wanted one. Yesterday my sister Anna complained that I had never made her a scarf, much to my surprise. "Well, let's go buy some yarn!" I replied. If only all problems could be solved by yarn shopping.

That shut her up. I didn't know what yarn or colors she would like, so no, I had never spontaneously knit one for her. Good thing, too, as I would have never chosen this yarn or color, Lion Brand Homespun in Florida Keys Green. It's soft, and the drop stitch pattern on size 13 needles is going super fast.

BTW, I really like this knitty winter issue extra, Thermal:

1 comment:

Katie said...

I agree-that thermal pattern is really cute.