Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ugly sweater

Saturday I went to an ugly sweater party. If you're looking for a party theme, this is a good one! People feel creative coming up with the ugliest sweater they can find, and there's a new conversation piece each time someone walks in the door.

The hosts made stickers with numbers for each guest to wear, and there was a "fashion show" to the tune of "I'm Too Sexy" so everyone could see all the sweaters before filling out the ballots, which had a few categories, including "best 3-D sweater" and "best sparkly sweater." (Weezer's "Sweater Song" was a popular song too.) Wrapped prizes were given to the winners, and these were sweater-themed: Dryel, lint brush, sweater shaver.

Here's my sweater. I knew it was a winner when I held it up for my friend Marta and she was speechless. Marta wore a multicolored fuzzy sweater that looked like it was made up of novelty yarn, and Paul wore a very ugly sweater with golf scenes on the front and back.





2 comments:

Katie said...

Ya done good with that sweater choice! Fun stuff!

Sarah W. said...

Hee, hee, thanks!