Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My loved ones gave me culture


Viva la Nashville! For my birthday in December, my mom and dad took me to the Frist Center to see the pop art exhibit, which is on loan from the Whitney. Very cool, and it runs through February 11 if you're interested.

Last Saturday Paul scored Nashville Symphony tickets from a professor who was too tired to go! I had never been to the new
Schermerhorn Symphony Center ("skirmerhorn"), which opened in September. I thought it was surprisingly cozy; I didn't feel miles away from the symphony, or like I was in a gigantic space. A solo violinist played, and there were a few other pieces that the symphony performed. It was a fantastic night!




Big picture: Frist Center for the Visual Arts. Little picture: Schermerhorn Symphony Center.

No comments: