Tuesday, October 24, 2006

No pics

I've got multiple projects galore! (And I'd love to buy new yarn--no surprise--but so far I have abstained.)

Mom's hat is a tam, which is like a beret. I made her one last spring in itchy, itchy homespun yarn she had purchased. I also made a big ole scarf, but she sheepishly admitted to me this summer than it was entirely too itchy. I hated working with that scratchy yarn; I was grimacing as I knit, and that's no fun.


Anyway, the new hat and scarf are made of Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool (65% wool, 35% silk, sportweight). It is the same yarn I used for mom's fingerless mitts. I got freaked out a few weeks ago that I hadn't started the hat and scarf, which are Christmas presents, but everything's going swimmingly, even though the needles are small (size 5 for hat; size 4 for scarf). I tried to take a picture of the hat, but the yarn is soooo black and soooo matte, it just didn't show up!

Mom's scarf is the new
Yarn Harlot pattern, [k2, ktbl, p], k2. It's completely reversible, super easy to memorize, and a nice texture. The pattern is flater than a rib pattern and not stretchy.

I'm making a
Lacey Hair Tamer with leftover Rowan kidsilk haze. Finally using those size 2 needles!

I'm daydreaming of two future projects: a hat for Paul, my brand spankin' new boyfriend who thinks all my knitting is beautiful, and a linen handtowel from Mason-Dixon Knitting. I'd also like to do a little sewing; it's been a long while.

3 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I love that it's becoming scarf weather.

Katie said...

I'm likin' this Paul guy more and more. He appreciates the knits!

Laurie said...

I like that scarf pattern, I'm going to have to try that.

Oooh, new guy! He sounds good!