Saturday, October 14, 2006

Artyarns


(Artyarns was not off on their yardage, but I thought so when I wrote this. Read on.)

Artyarns lied to me about their yardage! Let's do the math:

Clapotis pattern calls for 205 yds X 3 skeins = 615 yds

Artyarns purchase was 188 yds X 4 skeins = 752 yds (Ultramerino 8)

So I should have 137 extra yards, right? I also used size 7 needles rather than the size 8 the pattern calls for. What the hell? If I'd realized this earlier, I could have skipped a straight row repetition and ended the clapotis as normal, so the scarf ends in a point. But instead I got near the end of my yarn, dropped the stitches that needed dropping, and bound off. Here's a pic of the end.

I think the project will be fine, but that's a lot of yardage off--around 34 yds a skein (??). I suppose I need to complain to Artyarns.

Be careful if you've bought Artyarns yarn lately!

PS--I just checked the clapotis pattern and they've corrected the skeins called for to 4! That could definitely explain my problem, since it means it calls for 820 yds! . . . Enough math for you?? Sorry, Artyarns. Thirty-four yards does seem like a ton of yardage to be off on, and that's why the problem was even more baffling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah W. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.