Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Even his X-rays are cute

Today I had to take Dodger to an unplanned vet appointment. Good news: he'll be fine! Being in the vet office heightened my concern, and it made me reflect on my love for my chicken-bone-scavenging dog. I love Dodger so!

Because I knew he ate a chicken bone Saturday and he was having digestive problems, the vet and vet tech took X-rays. Now although X-rays aren't 100% reliable, they did not find any not-so-mysterious chicken bone shards poking his innards. HOORAH!

The X-rays were adorable. They were definitely the size and dimensions of Mr. Dodger. One was of his side, and one was taken looking down at his belly. The vet and vet tech said he was so cooperative, especially for a small dog. He charmed them, as usual.

So she gave him a couple of injections, prescribed some pills, and sent me home with instructions and special dog food for in the morning.

I don't know about Dodger, but I feel better already.

2 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

oh no! my dodger friend had a trauma??? i'm so glad he's okay. you should find a way to post his x-rays. i bet they are cute.

Sarah W. said...

Thye didn't give me his X-rays. :(