Saturday, May 20, 2006

Knitting group bee friends


Today I went to Sarah B's house in Smyrna. It was so nice and homey and she made us breakfast! I brought a Gee's Bend book from the library, which is the name of a town in Alabama where the local women have been making really original, modern-art-looking quilts for generations. The Mason-Dixon knitters were inspired by these quilts to design some of the patterns in their book.

Sarah's dog, Sadie, is a sweetheart. I liked her happy tail, and she has very expressive eyes. Afterward, I was so close to Murfreesboro, I drove down and surprised Abby at work (she works at TJ Maxx). She was really surprised. She looked right at me for a few seconds before she recognized me. Uh, I also bought some yarn in M-boro. It's for when I go on vacation in a couple of weeks--a very important part of vacation planning, uh huh--YAAAAY!!


Top: Sarah, Katie, Jennifer, ecstatic at the Mason-Dixon book signing. Bottom: giant Gee's Bend art book

2 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I want to buy a copy of that book just to cut out the pictures and frame them.

Sarah said...

I just realized I didn't have you added to my bloglines.com feeds... so its like you didn't exist in my blog reading. I just got all caught up.