Monday, May 15, 2006

I succumbed . . . again

It doesn't take much these days, I swanee! I bought sock yarn. Hard to believe, but true. I also bought the accompaning tiny needles. They are size 2 to be exact.

After this purchase, I read in Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee that some sweaters have fewer stitches than socks. Gasp! That's great news if you're making a sweater, but really gave me pause about the socks.

Here's a pic of me and Stephanie, the Funniest Knitter in North America.


4 comments:

Laurie said...

Great photo! I just received some sock yarn for my birthday which I asked for and it's just so beautiful. *sigh* I'm hoping to make some socks soon and not freak myself out about it. Don't worry about the size 2s, I just made some baby mittens on 1s & 2s and even though I kept thinking I might snap them in half, they were fine once I got going.

Sarah W. said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Seems like everyone's on the verge of knitting socks.

Jennifer Coomer said...

I tried starting a sock on at plane on the way back from San Diego. I dropped my ball of yarn and it rolled across the aisle as a flight attendent was headed right towards us. I put it all away & haven't gotten out my scok yarn since. I think I'm still traumatized.

Sarah W. said...

Get back on those tiny needles, Jennifer!