Thursday, February 01, 2007

M-D towel



It's cold in Middle Tennessee! I took this picture yesterday when the newscasters were sure there was going to be snow and ice overnight. The sky seemed to hint at the same thing. Nashville got a teeny smattering of snow, which only was on cars and shady spots when I woke up this morning. That's OK--I dread driving to work in the ick.



I knit this M-D moss stitch towel as a birthday gift for my boyfriend's momma, whom I will meet in a few days, for the first time, in Los Angeles, California! She sho' doesn't need a wool hat or a scarf of any kind, so I think this is the perfect knitting gift. Last weekend I threw it in the washer and dryer, transforming it's stiffness into buttery smoothness. How amazing! I just pet it and roll it around in my hands. It feels great.

The towel's hanging out in my yarn box with a bar of lavender soap to make it smell good. Below is a picture of it folded in half lengthwise. I ran out of yarn and couldn't do all the repeats the pattern called for: I knit ten repeats instead of twelve. Don't know why, but it still works, right?

1 comment:

Laurie said...

How exciting to be going to CA & meeting the momma! The towel looks really nice.

We got a bit of snow here on Thursday morning, but it snowed much more heavily last night. Sadly, it's mostly all gone now...